Would you hire a contractor to handle HR functions
I have an extensive background in the HR field and am considering contract work. I am interested in providing expertise in...
- recruitment/selection: interviewing, resume screening, offer letters
- performance mgmt: writing job descriptions
- employee relations: new hire orientation, conflict resolution, attendance mgmt, policies/proced's handbook development
- training: customer service, 1st time supervisors, etc.
- workers compensation: OSHA reporting requirements, claims tracking, return-to-work policy development
This could be in an advisory or service capacity. Is there a demand for this in small business? If so, what type of services are needed most? Are you open to someone working remotely, rather than on-site or in the local area?